We work on challenges that matter
We help public services tackle messy problems.
Across our team we've got experience of working on a wide range of challenges across the pubic and social sector. If you'd like to find out more about our work and the impact we've had, we'd love to talk to you about it.
Rapid progress in early intervention
The City of Wolverhampton Council had recently restructured their Early Intervention Service.
Like many organisations wanting to improve, a focus on AS IS – TO BE mapping is often considered the best approach.
Aimed at pre-start ups, our bootcamp is designed to develop a team ‘dummy’ business. Our experiential approach allowed the group to take an initial idea and gather customer feedback to understand its value and refine the design...
Prototyping new ways of meeting needs
Bexley Council had a high rate of residents presenting as homeless. Following a recent redesign of their council offices on online presence.
Waltham Forest is going through a ‘once in a lifetime’ period of change. Their Town Hall Campus programme aims to change the face and workings of the council like never before, making them fit for the next 100 years and beyond.
What others say about us
Rather than us telling you why we think we’re good, you can read what some of our clients have to say:
"Basis has been able to translate their interactive, fast-paced workshops to an online event. In a one-day 'pressure cooker' the Young Impact team got clear on the shared problem, brainstormed and developed new plans - while all of us worked remotely. You have to experience it to believe it.
COVID-19 meant that at Young Impact we had to pivot our plans and work. We needed to get the team together and work through all ideas and options, while everyone was working from their own home. With their 'Impact Sprint in a day' Basis delivered great facilitation, technology and structure for us to keep energised, focused and even have fun. Our team actually did not imagine this was possible online, but Basis did it. We loved it and made significant progress in just a single day."
"The atmosphere created by the Basis team makes learning easy and fun. The variety of experience from the team helps provide a wholesome experience for me and I would definitely take part in future courses."
"I found your Online Consulting and Falitation course to be invaluable! It has really helped to make working remotely just that little bit more bearable."
"I found the course very helpful, giving me tools to think about and how to drive change and engage services in that process as equal partners, I am often in a dynamic of pushing the change, this framework showed me a way of looking at that differently and engaging services to find their own solutions and try new paths. The online version of the training was excellent, I can’t say I would have got much more out of the course than I would have in person."
"Working with Matt was the inspiration behind our approach to codesigning the Opportunity Bank in the Life Chances programme with young people. Finally, and most importantly, he's helped me embed the Violence Reduction Partnership across Waltham Forest.
We've worked on how I can build a committed, engaged, virtual team, that have collective ownership of the programme. It's meant me training everyone in using MS Teams and Trello, but it's working and the programme is going from strength to strength."
Just some of the clients we’ve had the privilege of working with.
I's a long list
Services we work with.
We are proud to have had the opportunity to work in so many service areas in so many organisations. Our core reason for being, is to help make a positive difference to peoples lives, and our projects reflect that. Please see below for a list of services we have worked with.
- Care management pathways
- Commissioning, market management and market development
- Demand management
- Fee setting and negotiations with providers
- Integrated care
- Pathways into services: advice, referral and assessments
- Personalisation – systems, processes and outcomes
- Public health integration and innovation
- Quality assessment frameworks
- Service user, carer and stakeholder consultations
- Children’s centres, early years and childcare
- Children’s social care – transformation
- Early intervention and prevention including youth services
- Fostering and adoption
- Children’s social care – challenge
- Services for disabled children
- Housing Services reviews
- IT Solutions and Procurement
- Stakeholder engagement through Thinkchange cloud service
- Housing finance
- Housing management
- Housing needs, homelessness / finding a home
- Housing repairs and maintenance
- Prevention and private sector housing
- Tenant participation and panels
- Transfer and de-commissioning
- Commercial, contract and performance review and in-sourcing
- Communication and reputation management
- Community engagement
- Corporate services
- Diversity and equality
- Finance function effectiveness
- Financial model analysis
- Horizon scanning and innovation
- Policy and strategy
- Research and consultation
- Social media strategy
- Soft market testing
- Strategy and scenario planning
- Cashiers and cheque / cash handling
- Council tax and business rates
- Moving to universal credit / housing benefits
- Welfare reform
- Leadership development
- Learning and development
- Organisation development
- Training, coaching and mentoring
- Channel shift
- Customer contact health check
- Customer focused technology strategy
- Customer insight
- Customer safaris
- Customer-led transformation
- Demand analysis and management
- Business cases and benefits realisation
- Change management and stakeholder engagement
- Critical friend review of business plans
- Efficiency and effectiveness programmes
- Lean rapid improvement events
- Mobile and flexible working (smart working)
- Programme and project management
- Rapid improvement events
- Resource optimisation
- Service reviews
- Strategic partnerships
- Learning and development
- Adult education
- Free school meals
- Higher education
- Mutualisation/alternative forms of delivery
- School support services
- School improvement and academy conversions
- Special education needs and disabilities
- Advice and validation
- Building control
- Community infrastructure levies
- Planning application consultation and approval
- Planning policy
- Transport, policy, and information
- Anti-social behaviour (abandoned vehicles, fly-tipping, graffiti, noise)
- Highways (including street lighting)
- Parks (including trees)
- Waste and recycling
- Demand management and behaviour change
- Mutualisation, outsourcing and alternative delivery models
- Payment by results / social impact bonds / routes to social investment
- Positive deviance
- Preventative services – how to commission and measure success
- Public value analysis
- Service design
- Shared and merged services
- Social marketing
- Systems thinking
- Trading services
- Community hubs, co-location and integration
- Consulting interims in cultural services
- Customer insight and consultation on cultural services
- Library back office service improvement
- Managing transition between delivery models
- Electoral services
- Legal services
- Property management
- Environmental health, including catering
- Parking enforcement and penalty charge processin
- Parking permits
- Trading standards / consumer direct